Friday, March 4, 2011


A lot of people have been asking what happened to my dog and so I will try to explain here.  It was an emotional week for me having to give him away, but in the end I do believe it is for the better.

Tyson has always had a bad habit of eating EVERYTHING....napkins, paper, baby wipes, corks and apparently hair pins.  He ended up eating two of Megan's very expensive hair pins and we needed to do surgery on him ASAP while they were still in his stomach and before they moved over to his intestines.  So I took him to the vet to get xrays and as soon as I saw the pins I started crying.  I started crying because I knew we wouldn't be able to do ANOTHER, yes I said another, surgery on him.  The first one cost us about $3,000 and this one would be about the same.  I ended up calling Boston Buddies , an AMAZING organization, that after a few questions and what not said they would take Tyson, give him the surgery, foster him and then eventually adopt him out.

We got to spend one last night with him where he was spoiled with lots of kisses, cuddling and long walks before taking him to the vet the next day.  Byoung worked a half day and then we went together as a family to drop him off.  I think he knew something was up since we had to pack up all his stuff but for the most part he was his normal self.  There were A LOT of tears shed in those couple of days and for a couple of days afterwards, but like I said earlier, I knew he would be in REALLY good hands.

I know a lot of you will read this and think all of this is ridiculous, and that he is just a dog but he was part of my family.  He was our first fur baby and I really loved him and having him be a part of our family.

If you're interested in updates on Tyson and all the other wonderful Bostons that they rescue, then go here.


  1. oh ur suspicion was right that he ate that hairpin. :( i'm sad to hear Tyson had to leave. Glad tho he is where he will be loved too. (HUG FROM B) i will miss T....

  2. Eunice, I don't think it's ridiculous and as a fellow BT lover, I can only imagine how hard this must have been :(